Completed and On-going Projects
Since its inception SIHCI has been involved in implementing HIV/AIDS awareness program in both workplace and community settings. For the last 5 years, SIHCI has provided services to HIV/AIDS infected and affected individuals, families and provided technical support to a number of organizations at both local and national levels. The services provided include among others prevention
of HIV/AIDS, care and support to people living with HIV and AIDS, and Mitigation of its impact. Specific activities implemented included training of peer educators/peer leaders, condom distribution, HIV counselling and testing youths’ seminars, advocacy meetings and use of innovative ways to get to complex populations like the out of school youths.
Projects Undertaken by SIHCI
1. Fish landing centres HIV/AIDS Preventing Care and Support Project (Kagwara, Namasale, Rwenshama
and Ntoroko Landing Centers).
2. HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention- Rushere town in Kiruhura and Lyantonde districts.
3. Kazinga Bweyogerere Road HIV/AIDS Preventing Care and Support Project in Wakiso district.
4. Biguli, Kabuye, Kagasha-Nkoma Road HIV/AIDS Preventing Care and Support Project in
5. Nyamirama-Rugyeyo and Kambuga-Kihihi HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support Project in
6. Kazo, Ibanda-Kamwenge road HIV/AIDS Care and Support project.
7. Ntungamo-Katuna road HIV/AIDS Care and Support project.
8. Hoima-Tonya road HIV/AIDS Care and Support project.
9. Care and Treatment for PHAs District support program for Hoima and Masindi.
10. Roads II Project Kinawataka Nakawa Division in collaboration with Family Health Interntional